Setting initial salt level for aquarite How to?

Sep 8, 2009
P. Pines, Florida
I just installed the aquarite aqr-x296 arid climate T-3 15k gallon salt system and the salt level on my pool is 3300ppm as it was checked yesterday. I did the initial setup prior to connecting the cell to the t-3. I have software version 1.5. When i first turned it on with the cell connected The reading was 1800 and I was getting errors. I turned it off and back on and it went to 2600 but I get the inspect cell and the check salt lights flashing. It says generating now but not before.
I know with autopilot you can calibrate the salt level but I could not find anything in the useless included manual about calibrating the salt initially.

New2Me said:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calibrating-an-aqua-rite-t11556.html
Thanks. That is good to know for future reference. My buddy has had an error message (low salt/check cell) for 2yrs but its been producing chlorine so he has let it be.
Mine started reading 3200 this morning with no errors so its pretty accurate compared to the 3300 tested a few days back.

yamilrx said:
Thanks. That is good to know for future reference. My buddy has had an error message (low salt/check cell) for 2yrs but its been producing chlorine so he has let it be.
Mine started reading 3200 this morning with no errors so its pretty accurate compared to the 3300 tested a few days back.

You can get rid of the inspect cell notification by holding the diagnostic button for 3 seconds. The notification is designed to turn off after i think 300 or 500 hours of use. When it says inspect cell you should take it out and clean it. As for the 100opm difference, the salt cell takes the measurement by averaging out the different salt readings it gets over a certain period of time. You can see the exact live readings its getting somewhere in the diagnostic mode.

Its reading 3400ppm and the test from Pinch a penny was 3300. Tech support told me it could be off by 500ppm and it's at the lower end of the sensitivity. They also told me you cannot change the reading but you can reset it. The cell is 4days old so cleaning it would not make a difference. Its all good now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.