Cleaner that handles gravel

May 22, 2010
Chandler, Arizona
My pool is surrounded by landscape gravel, and sometimes gravel ends up in the pool. I was thinking of trying a Kreepy Krauly cleaner, and I wonder if anyone knows what happens when one of these encounters a piece of gravel. My Hayward Navigator picks up the gravel and then it jams the moving parts, so I have to pull it out of the water and open it up to remove the gravel. Since I have to watch it to see if it gets stuck it doesn't work very well as an unattended cleaner. Also, the pebble surface hides the gravel so I don't know it's there until the cleaner gets stuck on it.

You can go pressure, but as the bag fills up, it will eventually tilt to one side with the heavy debris and cause issues with the pattern, depends on how long you let it run before emptying and the degree of gravel you are talking, if it's a few pounds I can say it will happen in less than 1 hour or cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.