Cacnun Pool and Garden Late Oct.'09

cancuntom

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Cancun, Mexico
We really enjoy our pool and garden here in Cancun. We spend most of our waking hours in the garden. We have our meals on our covered patio, swim and spend time trimming back the garden plants. It is our favorite place and gives us much comfort and peace of mind. We host a lot of parties in it and presently are in the process of decorating it for our annual Costume Halloween Party this Saturday. Rainy season is in October so our plants really take off with all the extra water. This garden is only 16 months old. That means in June 08 we started with dirt and added the sod and all the plants that you see.

[

The pool was started in March of 08 and we added water to it in early June of 08, then started with sod and 110 plants from a local nursery. Later we added about 50-60 more plants. The ease in growing plants here in the sub-tropical climate is unbelievable. Just make sure they have plenty of water. We have a well on the property and I put a submersible pump in it, an above ground pvc sprinkling system, and a timer. We just water twice a night for a couple of hours and wa-la, here it is. When mother nature provides more water it just gets better. The only thing we can't seem to grow here are tomatoes. They really struggle which was a real surprise to me. I haven't figured it out yet but I'm working on growing them upside down up on the roof top patio. :goodjob:
P.S. You can see that our pool water looks pretty good. I have been cramming to learn more about the chemistry of pool water using the pool school and am trying to work around the lack of certain chems here in Mexico.

Simply beautiful :goodjob:

Yep, wish we could all be down for the party :party:

.....about 'maters.........I was told by an old nurseryman that they "don't like to go to bed with wet feet" (and the same thing goes for roses). HTH :-D

pictures, don't forget to post pictures from the Hallowen party for christ sake :cool:I wish I could be there and cadge you and your friends and drink your beers :)
What you show with this set of pictures is what's make it worth while to build a pool from my point of view, to have a place where you can host parties for your friends and self declared friends from the net :party: I can't wait for spring to come but first will I enjoy your hallowen pics :mrgreen:

Simply beautyful Tom and thanks for posting :wave:

//Mats

Love the pool and the back yard. The wife is jealous as we still have no grass from our pool build a couple of mths ago. Maybe we will have some tropical plants some day :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.