Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cacnun Pool and Garden Late Oct.'09

1. Back To Top    #1

Cacnun Pool and Garden Late Oct.'09

We really enjoy our pool and garden here in Cancun. We spend most of our waking hours in the garden. We have our meals on our covered patio, swim and spend time trimming back the garden plants. It is our favorite place and gives us much comfort and peace of mind. We host a lot of parties in it and presently are in the process of decorating it for our annual Costume Halloween Party this Saturday. Rainy season is in October so our plants really take off with all the extra water. This garden is only 16 months old. That means in June 08 we started with dirt and added the sod and all the plants that you see.

[

The pool was started in March of 08 and we added water to it in early June of 08, then started with sod and 110 plants from a local nursery. Later we added about 50-60 more plants. The ease in growing plants here in the sub-tropical climate is unbelievable. Just make sure they have plenty of water. We have a well on the property and I put a submersible pump in it, an above ground pvc sprinkling system, and a timer. We just water twice a night for a couple of hours and wa-la, here it is. When mother nature provides more water it just gets better. The only thing we can't seem to grow here are tomatoes. They really struggle which was a real surprise to me. I haven't figured it out yet but I'm working on growing them upside down up on the roof top patio.
    P.S. You can see that our pool water looks pretty good. I have been cramming to learn more about the chemistry of pool water using the pool school and am trying to work around the lack of certain chems here in Mexico.
    cancunTom
    Pool size: 14,300 gals. in-ground
    Filter: Aster99 Sand
    Flow: 22m3/h
    Construction: concrete block/Stucco/Glass mosaic tile
    Pump: 2hp, 3450rpm, 220V
    Heater: RayPak P-R206AE
    Check out our Mexican Adventures on my Caribbean Webpage & leave a comment! http://www.cancunTom.com

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cacnun Pool and Garden Late Oct.'09

Oh WOW! Great Job! That is beautiful! I've got my costume ready- I'll be down to party!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

3. Back To Top    #3

Simply beautiful

Yep, wish we could all be down for the party

.....about 'maters.........I was told by an old nurseryman that they "don't like to go to bed with wet feet" (and the same thing goes for roses). HTH
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

pictures, don't forget to post pictures from the Hallowen party for christ sake I wish I could be there and cadge you and your friends and drink your beers
    What you show with this set of pictures is what's make it worth while to build a pool from my point of view, to have a place where you can host parties for your friends and self declared friends from the net I can't wait for spring to come but first will I enjoy your hallowen pics

Simply beautyful Tom and thanks for posting

//Mats
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: CANCUN Pool and Garden Late Oct.'09

Mats, & All,
    Here is the link to our poolside Halloween Party for 2009

http://www.cancuntom.com/?p=1807
    cancunTom
    Pool size: 14,300 gals. in-ground
    Filter: Aster99 Sand
    Flow: 22m3/h
    Construction: concrete block/Stucco/Glass mosaic tile
    Pump: 2hp, 3450rpm, 220V
    Heater: RayPak P-R206AE
    Check out our Mexican Adventures on my Caribbean Webpage & leave a comment! http://www.cancunTom.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Hmmm... retirement to Mexico is looking really nice and leafy green and swimming pool blue.
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Love the pool and the back yard. The wife is jealous as we still have no grass from our pool build a couple of mths ago. Maybe we will have some tropical plants some day
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade