Pool Service

tagprod

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
Tomball, Texas
I'm not interested for myself, but I was curious how much it costs to have someone come out to your house and do some basic stuff to the pool like water balancing, cleaning filters and maybe treat algae. I realize there will be some differences due to where you live. None of the websites list any prices for anything.

You have to be fairly careful with a service like this.

There are two costs, the first is to have the guy do it, and the second is potentially being "pool stored" in your own back yard.

Sometimes these guys have really close relationships w/ pool stores, and can even get a cut of whatever chemicals they use in your pool, which in some cases could lead to them using everything under the sun when you really don't need anything.

I'd be really careful about picking someone out for this.

My dad paid $100 a month plus chemicals, with a separate charge for opening and closing. Only for water balancing and chemical maintaining. Cleaning the filter, vacuuming, etc was extra based on an hourly rate, and he had to pay for the DE and provide the vac equipment.

His bleach cost for the season should be just a bit more than his monthly cost with the service :)

I'm not in the least bit interested in having someone do it for me. I know no one would do it as good as I can myself. Just curious about how much it costs and what they do for the money. I'm thinking about charging my wife j/k :-D

Poolsean said:
ROFLMAO!!

HEY, HEY, HEY....don't go there! Imagine how much us men would be backcharged for what they do for us! :wink:

My wife will NEVER see that comment....as a matter of fact, as far as she is concerned, TFP does not even exist! When asked what I'm doing during all that time on the computer I'll just have to say I was asking for advice on a pebble tec color on GARDENWEB! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.