Winterizing Liquidator ??

jwfrank

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 14, 2008
Todi, Umbria, Italy
Any tips for cleaning LQ for winter?
I have WS or scale on inside walls at the bottom half where liquid chlorine collected. Not at the top area where the chlorine was diluted
I imagine there may be some build-up / scaling on inside of tubes and valves. (Although maybe not since i didnt have scale on upper part of LQ)

I was thinking of soaking everything in some type of diluted acid solution

Any guidance?
PS on different item: to store for winter, rubber o-rings, should one use teflon spray or silicone grease? I have seen both mentioned in different posts

I've gone through a few winters with mine and haven't done a lot to mine other than basic cleaning. I pull it out of the pool set up, hook the hoses from the inlet to the outlet and use the flow control to shut it off completely. I spray the crud out of the LQ do a basic scrub down and the put it in the attic for the winter. I would unscrew and examine your float assemblies over the winter and see if there is any degradation around the screw post. If so, I'd reinforce them with epoxy: reenforcing-the-liquidator-float-assemby-t11039.html

It's cheap and a lot easier then paying $30.00 per assembly to replace. Lastly I would replace the hoses every other year.

Well, since we've opened this old thread. I left mine hooked up and running at a much lower flow than during the summer and it's faired fine during the very cold (I know you northerners are laughing at that) days we've had.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.