Do we have a textiles expert?

AnnaK

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
Since we have such a very large membership I thought I'd give this a try.

I need to downsize my "stuff", most notably some family heirloom textiles which have been handed down for 5 or 6 generations. My daughters have no interest or use for them and I feel I have a duty to make them available to someone who can truly appreciate them.

There are, for instance, yards and yards of homespun linen. I know the fields where the flax was grown in a small village in Germany. The farm had been in my mother's family for hundreds and hundreds of years. It is now on the historic register.

There are tablecloths, some embroidered, others of cotton or linen damascus without embroidery, and linen dinner napkins. Other textiles as well, such as the linen towels my grandfather used in WW 1, some still have his initials embroidered on.

I am trying to find a source, or several sources, whom I could contact to see if they're interested in buying the lot, and I have no idea where to start.

Thank you for any input and suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.