When are deck jets installed?

Whatever you do, talk to the PB ASAP...ours forgot about the deck jets, and we didn't catch it until after the deck had been done. Now our "deck" jets are "yard" jets! Ours run off the same pump as the rest of the pool, with a valve that we can open or shut to direct water to them.

jnorris said:
Whatever you do, talk to the PB ASAP...ours forgot about the deck jets, and we didn't catch it until after the deck had been done. Now our "deck" jets are "yard" jets! Ours run off the same pump as the rest of the pool, with a valve that we can open or shut to direct water to them.

I spoke to the PB. They will be doing the deck jets later. They will have their own pumps.

maxsrents said:
Our PB just informed us that our deck jets will not have their own pumps. Is this a problem? What are the benefits of the jets having their own pumps?

Carolyn

Well, you could run them without having to run the main pump, but other than that, I don't think it much matters. The deck jets will take very little flow away from your filter circulation.

PS - If you have time, please share some of the contruction photos in the contruction and repair area. :grin:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
maxsrents said:
Our PB just informed us that our deck jets will not have their own pumps. Is this a problem? What are the benefits of the jets having their own pumps?

Carolyn

Ours do just fine on the main pump with everything else. We have a 2 speed pump, and we do have to run it on high, simply because our &(#@^&$ pool builder forgot to put them in the pool deck, so they actually about 5 feet outside the edge of the pool. But if we have the pump on high, and cut off the valves to the bubblers we have in the steps and the swim out, we can actually shoot water all the way across the pool to the deck on the OTHER side! My husband enjoys surprising our guests with a little shot of water! :twisted:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.