First timer!

Update...I've got to be close! CYA level shows to be at 70...why has it continued to climb? That takes the slam level to 28...gotta go buy more bleach I guess....I could finally see the bottom today, got another good vacuum I...tried my SWG again for giggles and it's still throwing the high salt code, so I turned it back off again....everything still sound like it's going like it should? My wife and kids are getting anxious! Thanks for the help!

Still cloudy, but getting there...I think.
8896c97ea5b272b1ed2bfacca5a94a32.jpg

Finally...I believe I am done slamming! Water is clear, CC was 0, and OCLT was a success! So, I know to let the FC drive back down...but what do I do about the SWG shutting off and throwing a high salt code? My K-1766 Taylor Salt Water Test kit will be here Monday. Will it be ok for the next few days as long as I make sure to keep the FC up a little?

Sorry, but judging from that last pic you posted, I would not consider that water clear. The pic below is what you're looking for.

(Domct203, I hope you don't mind me stealing a pic of your pool. Yours was the first Intex pool I could think of.)

I understand the desire to call it good and move on, but stopping your SLAM prematurely is only going to lead to you starting it back up again soon, and any progress you've made to date will be lost.

If your FC is holding overnight, you can probably reduce the number of times per day that you test and add chlorine to two or three, but I would not let your FC level fall below SLAM level yet if I were you. You're already at that level, so FC loss during the day shouldn't be much different than it would be at normal maintenance level. So there's not really much additional cost to you to continue the SLAM until your water is sparkling clear.
ab5929f458863a0024d8bf7422930713.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you take a closer pic looking straight down of something in the water all the way to the bottom, like a ladder or brush?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.