Pool Reno....

Day #15 brought us sunshine and super hot temperatures for October - 29 degrees with humidity hitting 37. Today we had the two skimmers being installed (and the forming being completed for the concrete structure for the skimmers). The rebar that was taken out a couple of weeks ago was also reinstalled today. Maybe tomorrow we will have a visit from a cement truck??

October 9 - Day #15 | Nest

Did they end up getting all of the diving board base up??

The diving board base has been cut down to ground level. Not sure if they are going to pull it out using the backhoe, or just leave it there and cement over it (my gut says they are going to leave it since it’s a massive block of cement that would probably be an amazing base to go over!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
While it is very pretty that thing is going to be a nightmare to maintain! How do you get into the channel where the water overflows into? That is going to be a leaf and stuff trap to the max! Then the pH rise from all of that splashing water :shock:

I wonder why they put up those glass panels? Why not just leave it open?

I will take your pretty, easy to maintain pool any day!

Kim:kim:

He sure does have some skills!

So go out and take a still of the curves for me please. See if you can figure out what the black stuff is and how did did it. Those look purrfect!

If they don't come today, I'll get a pic later when I get home. When I did my inspection yesterday, the curves have been done with some sort of thin MDF type of material that is pretty flexible. The black stuff is good 'ol fashioned garbage bags that have been used to cover the material to protect it from the elements (totally assuming that they come off during the actual concrete pour).

....and I was wrong on concrete day. Today they continued with the forming and have a bit more work to do tomorrow with the rebar in preparation for the concrete pour on Thursday. Then work will really get moving on the spa and plumbing. Video from today: October 16 - Day #17 | Nest

and some close up pics:

Close up of the "Curves"
11.jpg

Ready for the concrete

22.jpg

The rebar straight away
33.jpg

​The pool outlets for the spa
44.jpg

Thanks for the close up pics. Trash bags? Nice! That kind of "wood" does not do well wet. It tends to swell and distort. It sure looks like you have an awesome person with quite a skill set working on your pool!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.