Purchased drugs from Canada ?

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
My wife was just put on a medicine that is $500.00/mo :shock: and we have no insurance. Has anyone on the forum living in the USA ever purchased drugs from a Canadian Pharmacy online and if so could they share their experience with us and which one they used ?

My hubby, an M.D. has ordered a hormonal product for me from Canada but not any major drugs. I know he had to fax them his licenses, drug permits, etc. Funny thing is they are shipped from England. :roll: Sorry, but that's all I can tell you. And, of course, his ordering is much different than a layperson ordering. I can sympathize as I was on an anti-seizure drug for a year that ran about $800 a month.

I have not researched this any but there are Americans, mostly elderly, who drive across the border to get meds. I don't know any thing about the legal issues or hassles you may encounter flying down to Mexico (many cheap flights available), for instance, and bringing them back.

In addition to checking out the drug manufacturers, check out state, county, and federal assistance programs. You never know; you might just qualify.

gg=alice

In this part of Pennsylvania there are weekly bus tours to St. Catherine's which is right across the border near Niagara Falls. Many people do the round trip to St. C's to get the meds filled and/or refilled. I would not have a problem with quality of the medication but finding the right online source might be challenging.

I'm really sorry you're having all of this going on in your life, the anticipated move earlier this year and now your wife's health. Did you move? Were you able to take the pool? The dogs?

AnnaK, Thanks for your kind words. We did move just last month. Still going through stuff and getting settled in. We werent able to bring the pool :cry: but I did however take the filter off the one we left behind. The owners of the house we lived in had their filter die earlier this year and I was Darn if they were going to get it for nothing !! We thought if and when ever get another pool we would have the filter already and save some $$$ on the purchase. We will get a smaller one, 24' was to big for the 2 of us !

The "CHILDREN" (all 6 ) were able to come with us so that makes up for loosing the pool. 2 of the dogs we have will be 11 and 9 on their next bdays so it was a blessing they could come ... you know they are like children !!

Marcie is really skeptical about buying drugs from Canada. Guess because it involves her health, so we are trying to cross all our "t's" and dot our "i's"

Hi Les,

Please assure Marcie that she doesn't need to worry about the quality of the meds if you do find a CDN source. They're all the same compounds though they may have a different name. My s-i-l is a physician in Ottawa (currently the acting coroner and boy howdy, does she have stories to tell!) and we've talked often about getting prescriptions filled in Canada.

You were wise to take the filter equipment with you. That's a big chunk of the pool expense. And I'm glad the 'kids' could come. There's trauma you didn't have to suffer, the thought of having to place them elsewhere. We have a 15 1/2 year old in our pack. He wobbles a little but he's still upright. Been with us since he was 8 months old.

I'm thinking about you,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
just so you know - I'm from canada and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with our drugs...matter of fact, they are all produced by the same companies that produce yours and most times the exact same drug.....and our version of FDA is probably a little tighter when it comes to gaining drug approval than yours seeing that yours is pretty much funded by the pharma companies.

The drugs my parents get from Canada save them a lot of $$. He can get things from the VA, but on a limited income things just keep geting more and more expensive. They used to get on a bus and go over and take an entire day and come back with what they needed. But now via the internet and a home fax machine and cc they do it all online. It truley is foolish what we pay for some basic Rx's. Kimrst

I sent you the link Tiz..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.