Starboard for outside kitchen cabinets?

Jul 17, 2018
Little Rock, AR
Has anybody used the product called Starboard/ King DuraStyle for outside kitchen cabinets? I think it's some sort of plastic base material and the color runs all the way through. The stuff supposed to be practically indestructible and cuts like wood.

I'll have a basic L-shaped kitchen hopefully one day. Trying to decide if I'm going to go cement block/stainless insert cabinets/architectural stone route or maybe something like this. For me it'll be whatever ends up cheaper.

King DuraStyle® | King Plastic Corporation

if you are going to spend big money on starboard what about Sapele wood? it's very very dense. don't need staining. only a sealer.

i would only use it if u are covered though just so u aren't sealing it every year. if u aren't under cover i would go the masonary/SS route.

just my opinion. i'm having some sapele cabinets made down my buddy's shop right now. he is the one who suggested it vs SS ones liek i was goign to use since my ceiling is all 6 inch T&G sapele.

I'm open to any opinion. But, looking like starboard/durastyle will be more costly, so a no go I guess. I'[ll look into the Sapele!

ill see how far my buddy is with mine this week and I’ll post a pic or 2. They aren’t anything crazy cause xhey r for outside. We didn’t do any raised panel or anything. Just regular frame and box with a flat foot that is tung and groove to match ceiling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.