Aqua-rite SWS cell installation, which way does it go.

Sep 8, 2009
P. Pines, Florida
I recently dumped my autopilot dig 220 after 6 yrs for $300 since the digital board went and it was going to cost $350 to replace. I bought the aqua-rite aqr-x296 arid climate one with a 15k cell. Looking at the instructions I could not find anywhere which way the cell should face. I know the flo sensor has an arrow facing where the flow should go but not the cell. It looks the same almost except one side is a bit bulgier. A pool store told me the bulgier side should be on the side where the return to the pool is. He did not seem very convincing plus he told me that they install the cell between the pump and the filter.Everywhere it tells you to install after the pump on the return to the pool. Any ideas rather than call goldline or hayward.

The cell can be installed in either direction. In fact, after installation, it can be reversed since the fittings are the same for both ends.

yamilrx said:
A pool store told me the bulgier side should be on the side where the return to the pool is. He did not seem very convincing plus he told me that they install the cell between the pump and the filter. Everywhere it tells you to install after the pump on the return to the pool.
Mine is installed with "bulgier side" faced away from the return. mas985 has explained why it doesn't matter... Nor would I want the supply to my salt cell to consist of unfiltered water, so the pool store is wrong on that count, too. The installation manual says cell placement should be after the pump, filter and heater(s).

yamilrx said:
...plus he told me that they install the cell between the pump and the filter.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

spishex said:
yamilrx said:
...plus he told me that they install the cell between the pump and the filter.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Does this mean I should call you? Off the subject someone or maybe its you used this same unique avatar on another website (gpsunderground.com) and I helped them with their gps Mio H610. Is that you.
It seems like it does not mater which way the cell goes. With autopilot it is clearly labeled since it goes through the manifold.

No, that's a facepalm. In response to those guys telling you it should go between the pump and filter.

Follow Mas' and Polyvue's advice. Mount it after the filter (and heater if you've got one), and you can mount it in either direction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.