Hayward Filter lost its Straps, cord, strings around filter?

If I remember correctly, when i was at the sta-rite plant, i was told the straps are there primarily to hold the pleats in place while the top and bottom pieces are attached and they begin to dry/cool down during assembly as they shimmy down the assembly line.

Hayward may have a different reason for the straps...

I have a (actually four that I switch out) cartridge for my stand alone spa. On two of the older cartridges the straps are coming loose. It seems that I saw somewhere, here on TFP, someone used hotglue to bond the straps back to the pleats. Also, I think, but don't quote me on this, the straps serve to keep the pleats separated so to have the optimal amount of filter surface.

gg=alice

I have hot glued the bands before and they seem to hold up fairly well. However, I also agree with Pool Clown that they probably don't serve much of a purpose and could be just taken off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.