New Build - Central NJ (8/9 START)

You will need to close the pool by the third week of October before the trees around begin dropping their leaves.

First hold up after inspector. He approved the plumbing, drains and gave us a white sticker. But the slope from the shallow end to the deep end is incorrect. We’re supposed to have 10’ shallow and we currently have 12’. I like that better but to code they have to keep out slope 1:3 ratio and it’s at 1:3.5. So they are coming back tomorrow and re working the shallow end and slope to meet those code. Not sure what happened, there must of been 2 sets of plans or something but they are not charging me for their mistake which is good. So liner is on hold till Friday or worst thing on Monday. They are going to back fill tomorrow also.

Nycravi, that’s awesome! Thank you for the offer. I will most likely be reaching out if you don’t mind. That’s great you’re like down the road from me in a way. I think my biggest fear is the water turning to the worst possible scenario.

Nice looking pool. I live in Jackson as well. I got the hang of testing my own pool after the second season. I added the SWG after the fact....if you need any help with testing reach out

Update from this morning. PB on site to work or slope by removing 2’ from shallow end. Really wish I got to keep it since we’re going to be spending most of the time in the shallow end. But for code and safety they are correcting it.
70513794-C92C-426E-B96C-0120C7955201.jpg
FD405456-7F83-4496-87F9-96A40DCBCD2D.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The PB owner said it’s not a big deal he would just get another liner made to fit the old dimensions and he would certify the 1:3.5 ratio but would sleep better if it was to code. Having it with the correct slope now would be safer especially for my little ones. I would of liked the 12’ but if safety is a concern, then to code it is. There was just a mixup with the drawings from the beginning. But no big deal, it’s all fixed now.

We we had our backfill today. Now we’re shaping up to look more realistic. Liner install is tomorrow and electrical on Monday. Not sure when the gas line is getting run for the heater but I assume it’s happening fast. And in about 2 weeks concrete decking will be placed. Depending on weather of course. These guys are awesome so far. The owner comes in from time to time to check how things are going. No complains as of now.

- - - Updated - - -

C82B8AC2-3306-49E2-A507-D505A00B2ABC.jpg

That's some tough township down there. I had no issues at all w anything they approved plans and nothing get a checked except concrete b4 and after collar and electrical. Heater if u have one by plumbing inspector. Was an easy fix for ur guy anyway u got sand for dirt lol. Come to my yard they would cry

These inspectors here for the first inspection measured all angles from pool, performed pressure on plumbing, collar and made sure we had dual bottom drains. Then he shows up at random times. Maybe because we live so close to the township office? Not sure but at least is better than not being able to get final after all is said and done.

The PB owner said it’s not a big deal he would just get another liner made to fit the old dimensions and he would certify the 1:3.5 ratio but would sleep better if it was to code. Having it with the correct slope now would be safer especially for my little ones. I would of liked the 12’ but if safety is a concern, then to code it is. There was just a mixup with the drawings from the beginning. But no big deal, it’s all fixed now.

We we had our backfill today. Now we’re shaping up to look more realistic. Liner install is tomorrow and electrical on Monday. Not sure when the gas line is getting run for the heater but I assume it’s happening fast. And in about 2 weeks concrete decking will be placed. Depending on weather of course. These guys are awesome so far. The owner comes in from time to time to check how things are going. No complains as of now.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you get a pool rope as well just for the sake of your mind. I do have vinyl liner pool with big slope and it gets slippery even for adults when they are not expecting the drop
https://www.amazon.com/FibroPool-Floating-Swimming-Safety-16/dp/B00854H28Q

And it is looking good.

Thank you for that. I just asked them and they are saying its inside a plastic box they brought. Apparently its filled with goodies like: Pool rope with tie brackets, Skimmer basket, Light, Face plates for jets and other good stuff.

Make sure you get a pool rope as well just for the sake of your mind. I do have vinyl liner pool with big slope and it gets slippery even for adults when they are not expecting the drop
https://www.amazon.com/FibroPool-Floating-Swimming-Safety-16/dp/B00854H28Q

And it is looking good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.