return line is a "Geyser"

mred

Sep 1, 2008
everywhere
trying to fix my return line.
some one stepped on my jandy valve that is in line to return to the pool.
so i am having to cut the vavle out which is tied to a 2" 90 that goes straight in to the ground.
so i dig the ground just enough to where i can cut the bottom side of the 90.
i cant clue on a new 90 because of the water that just keeps running out :rant:
what the heck,do i have to let the water out till its down past the returns?
Ed

Bummer. :cry: Do you have any plugs for the returns? If not do you have a pool store near by you could "run to". Be careful of using something not intended for plugging the returns as it/they could get sucked through and clog the pipe.

Last week I picked up some replacement return fittings at Leslie's that have several different size/type eyeballs included. One had no openings and is typically used for pressure testing but it is designed for pressure coming into the pool and not going backwards so it might not work. Also, if you have "standard" return fittings be sure and pickup the little tool that takes out the screw in fitting that the eyeball and outer ring screw on to.

You could maybe put a cork in the eyeball return, if that is what you have, but you'd have to make sure the part of cork that sticks out is big enough that it won't get sucked in.

Hopefully someone will see this soon and respond. Good Luck. Sorry for your "disaster".

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.