Off-season deals!

Aug 7, 2009
Found a decent deal (at least it sounds like it) on a used slide, on craigslist. The closest match I found, that matches its appearance, is a Classique slide, from Australia. Who knows. Appears to be about 5 feet tall.

Called the guy up, he just finished burying his cement pond, and was getting rid of everything. He was looking to get at least 100 bucks for this slide. In some of my nerdy research, this seems to be a steal, especially if the slide is fairly new.

Here's my question....he mentioned that it did not require external water, just wet trunks. I have yet to look at this thing, and I'm not sure that my deck is wide enough to handle this one. Do slides have to have permanent anchors in the concrete, or can something be fashioned out of wood for it sit on, pool side, that isn't too tall, and anchored in the yard somehow, so it can be level? I think it's too small for adults, so movement by weight would be slight.

Reason I ask is because I have a sport pool, deep end in the middle, and we do have volleyball games from time to time. I would want this to be somewhat 'scootable'.

Am I an idiot for even considering this?

When I got a couple bids for an IG pool several years ago (in Louisiana) there were some requirements if you were putting in a slide.... there had to be a minimum distance to the opposite wall, and a certain depth. I think the distance across needed to be 15' and the depth 5'. I could be remembering incorrectly, since we never went ahead with the build, but I would check with somebody -- you don't want to be unsafe, nor do you want to violate any codes that might make your liability go through the roof in case of an injury.

Every slide I have ever seen is anchored to the deck in some manner. I think a 'scootable' slide would just be begging to scoot around unexpectedly and injure someone. I would think that if you could sink some concrete footers into your yard and anchor the slide to those, you would be ok... but you are going to get a lot of grass tracked into the pool ... maybe some stepping stones from the deck to the slide would limit this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.