Looking for advice on a pool cover

Apr 25, 2009
Hi, I think I am interested in getting a pool cover. I live in Texas, so freezing really isnt an issue. Previously I have just left the pool uncovered, but I have a lot of trees nearby. Every winter the algae ends up taking over cause of all the leaves, and I don't have time to keep it clean. Any recommendations on a mesh cover vs a leaf net? Also, my pool is L-shaped. Is it okay to just get a larger rectangle cover? It would be cheaper than getting a custom made cover.

TIA

If your looking for Mesh I just bought the Loop-Loc Mesh II cover.
Its a denser mesh than the standard, so virtual no light gets through it to help algae growth.
Its also light weight, my wife and i are able to put it on and take it off on our own.
This is going to be our first winter with it, so i cant really review it much better than that for you.

Just food for thought: If you put a large rectangle on your L shape pool it will void the mfg warranty of your cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.