Another New Pool - N.Houston

Success! So the trick for those using tapatalk is to post as “URL link” not using the image or code link options and not using the YouTube link from the desktop/browser.

Dig done and measured all good.

As swmbo and I look at the hole I’m quietly wondering to myself if 40’x28’ and an 10.5’ spa is too big?! It is a darn big hole! Lol

Steel got done yesterday, just need to strip the video from Nest and will post later.

Random: when I type swmbo on my phone, Apple auto correct wants to change it to Demon. Go figure.

So today was gunite day.

https://youtu.be/HDIhTYOIA4A

So “Houston we have a problem.”

The gunite shoot started and looks like they got 3/4ths done when the compressor truck died. So the pool looks mostly done but the spa is still steel and pvc. They’ve left their hose, tools and equipment all around.

It was generally 65 degrees and a sporadic sprinkle of rain today.

PB says they will be back in the morning to finish. I asked PB if the shell will be good if part is shot today and starts to cure while rest is shot tomorrow and of course was told yes.

I think I’ve read here on TFP this will be ok but I need some reassurance. Is there something I need to do tonight?

Please help me sleep tonight.

Rock a bye baby...............it will be alright so you can sleep good tonight. There are several where this was done. There have even been some where they added gunite to raise the pool floor up so it would not be as deep so Dad could stand and catch the kids as they came down the slide.

Gunite was wrapped up today.

https://youtu.be/Ou2ERGpjX6Y

2639a335617b5f6d4f5344638b26a230.jpg

Our yard is officially destroyed! I hate the mess.

Now 10days of watering concrete. Pretty much guarantees Houston will get no rain next two weeks. You can all thank me Houston.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Look at all of those unions and nice valves! LOVE it!

You are going to want to make sure the keep these pics where they are easy to find down the road just in case there is a problem. These pics will really be helpful in knowing where to work.

Kim:kim:

Tile and Coping!

I was traveling for work this week and tile and coping took place before the rains came in.

https://youtu.be/NX_BIzN4VVE

It’s been raining and now the coping and splitface trav are much beige-ier and cream-ier colored and lose their silver/gray tones when wet.

I’m undecided on how I feel about the spa spillway glass tile color choice. Looked fine when set out on table but looks very stark white now. We were going for a light gray to complement the silver travertine. I guess it’s too late to change now and will have to hope it grows on us.

Next are final plumbing and electrical runs to the pavilion while prep for the trav decking.

Pool looks great! Really like the design. We are getting tiled next week and it’s similar in color to yours, though we are doing stacked travertine for our spillway. If you’re not happy with the way the glass tile turned out on your spillway, now is probably the best time to change it. Don’t let it be the one thing you don’t like. Make it all right, I say. I don’t know what it would cost to redo but I can’t imagine it being outrageous. Good luck on the rest of your build!

Not a ton of progress in past week. Plumbers spent time running gas line for equipment pad, and also around to the pavilion for grill, pizza oven and FP.

Small hurdle in figuring out pavilion sink drain routing. I won’t pretend to understand, but our clean out is on opposite side of house from pavilion, and they can’t according to code run sink into same drains pool and deck use.

This week being the holiday, not expecting much progress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.