What to do with Paramount debris canister to winterize pool?

ale

Oct 19, 2009
It has 5 holes, 2 at the bottom, and 3 at the side.

Does anyboy have pool with this device?

I would like to know what to do with each of the hole to winterize my pool.

Thanks
Ale

I don't know how to treat the canister for winter, but i can tell you what the holes are for.
As you are facing the pool with the canister at your feet:

bottom hole closest to the pool: usually not used, may have a short piece of pipe glued into it to be able to glue a cap onto it
Bottom hole closest to your feet: That line goes back to the pump (filter).

Top hole nearest to pool: Goes right into the pool. If you look over the edge of the pool you can see this line (equalizer).
Two side holes at the top: One goes to the main drain, and one may go to the skimmer rear hole (if its a one pump system). If not, it's capped off.

Note: This is how Paramount wants the pool builder to plumb the system. However, If the pool builder thinks there is a better way to plumb it, :hammer: ...what i have told you may not be accurate.

Once you get your pool drained down, you can verify by running water (garden hose) thru the holes and see where you get water.

Thank you Pool Clown!

Your info is quite helpful for me to figure out what to do with it.

I just wonder why I couldn't find any threaded plugs to use with 2 holes on the side.

I found a pipe to plugh into one of the bottom holes. I verified and noticed other bottom hole is a dead end as you've said.

1 side hole is out directly to the pool side to get the water. There's a plug for this one too.

Other two side holes I could not find any plug to fit with them, especially those must be threaded plugs that I don't have any.

Do I miss anything to work on this device? What kind of plugs should I buy?

Sorry ale, But i live on the west coast and we generally don't close pools (for the winter) in my area, so i can't really give experienced advice.

I didn't understand your last question.

"Do I miss anything to work on this device? What kind of plugs should I buy?"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.