Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Topic split off from this thread

Hi all, I am new to this forum and also new to pools. Our pool is a newly built and we turned on the SWG 09/05/09. We have an Aqua Rite SWG and I have noticed the same thing. I have more bubbles coming out of the closer returns and very few coming out of the furtherest. At times I have a cloudy milky stuff coming out of my closest jets however it clears up. At first I thought that I had busted pipes and air leaks however I confirmed not haveing air leaks as I loose about 2/16 " per day. I also notice that there are very small particles in the water when the pump is running. If I turn off the pump the water clears up. Is there anything I can do to reduce the bubbles short of turning off the SWG????

Thanks in advance

Re: SWG - Tiny Cloudy Bubbles coming from jets

Brentr said:
Hi all, I am new to this forum and also new to pools. Our pool is a newly built and we turned on the SWG 09/05/09. We have an Aqua Rite SWG and I have noticed the same thing. I have more bubbles coming out of the closer returns and very few coming out of the furtherest. At times I have a cloudy milky stuff coming out of my closest jets however it clears up. At first I thought that I had busted pipes and air leaks however I confirmed not haveing air leaks as I loose about 2/16 " per day. I also notice that there are very small particles in the water when the pump is running. If I turn off the pump the water clears up. Is there anything I can do to reduce the bubbles short of turning off the SWG????
Hi Brent,

You could try turning off the SWG for a bit to see if the bubbles/cloudy milk effect ceases. If it does, at least you know the source. From the thread above it appears that this is caused primarily by hydrogen bubbles at the SWG and is more pronounced with warmer water and low flow conditions. So, actions to reduce this effect would include less heating of the water, reducing pump speed (if that's possible with your pump), and turning off the SWG when swimming if the effect is off-putting to you or your guests.

EDIT Correction - Of possible actions to reduce cloudy bubbles at returns, I meant to suggest increasing pump speed, not reducing it. Link to the thread referenced above swg-tiny-cloudy-bubbles-coming-from-jets-t11567.html END-EDIT

Just to add another data point...

My SWG is made of clear plastic and when it is on, the water inside turns cloudy and white. By the time it exits the jets, it is not cloudy, but there are clearly bubbles coming out. Mostly from the closest jet, but I've seen it from one of the others too.

Thanks lborne, I can finally put this to rest. What I notice when the SWG is running is the fact that the water is not clear. You can see fine patrilces, which are micro bubbles in the pool. All clears up when the pump is not running as the SWG comes on when the pump is running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.