Trouble finding Liquid Chlorine

Pool chlorinating liquid is a commodity that retailers will only buy so much of and then not restock until next season. We are getting sporadic reports that many of the big box stores are out of stock and are focusing on stocking fall products (like back to school stuff). In warmer climates like the west coast and south, retailers will usually have longer supplies or more consistent supplies because the pool season is longer. In Vermont, you would be better off stocking up in the beginning of the season to avoid supply disruptions. Also, if your CH is the proper range, you can use calcium hypochlorite to chlorinate your pool OR maybe find some “cleaning” bleach (low % bleach with no additives) and use that. Check farm supply stores or industrial cleaning suppliers as they often have high concentration liquid chlorine in stock but you usually have to buy in bulk.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

It could be that chlorine advertised for pools is being phased out for the season since you have a shorter season.

If you can’t find “liquid chlorine “ then bleach in the laundry isle is the same product at a lower concentration. Get regular, NOT splashless, non-scented, with out fabric protection (Cloromax technology)

Most of the smaller pool stores around here sell 12.5% liquid chlorine - not the big stores like Leslies though. Might want to search your area for smaller pool shops. I've been getting a case (4 gallons) of 12.5% for $13.50 for the last few years at two different stores. I never buy anything else at the pool store but that price keeps me going back!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.