Taylor K-2006 Cl Test Question

TripleB4me

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2007
Maryland
Most of the time when I test for Cl I use the 10 ml sample size, 0.5 ppm per drop. When you add the DPD powder to the 10 ml sample should you use 1 scoop vs. the 2 scoops used when you use the 25 ml sample? Also, do you still use 5 drops of the reagent with the 10 ml sample when checking for CC?

The test is somewhat flexible on the number of scoops of powder. As long as the sample turns a nice pink you are fine. If your chlorine is really high it can take more than two scoops, if it is low one scoop often suffices. The only tricky case is if your FC is zero. Then the sample will never turn pink.

It is 5 drops of R-0003 in either case.

I just toss in a slightly heaping scoop of powder and if it doesn't turn pink and I believe there is chlorine I put in another. The amount isn't critical, a little too much or a little to little doesn't normally cause any problems. (Keep in mind that if you have one of Ben's kits the scoop is larger than the TF Test Kit/Taylor scoop). Of course I am focusing on easy rather than saving money. However, the quatities of power involved are small and measuring exactly is tricky and it doesn't affect the results so I don't see any reason to be careful and slow about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.