Proper water collection

rimshaker said:
Not to sound lazy but.. can I fill up a large plastic squirt bottle instead of dunking my entire arm to collect water for each test? Any chance test readings would be off since the sample isn't directly out of the pool?

from what I understand, water should be tested within minutes directly from the pool, about 18 inches from the surface, and furtherest away from the jets.

Rimshaker,

Yeah, do it the convenient way. Many leave their test kit at the kitchen table, fill up a container from the pool (go down a foot or so) and then come back inside and perform the tests.

The key thing is that the water sample shouldn't sit around too long, particuarly for the chlorine test. If you get one sample in a squirt bottle and then test the chlorine first and then go ahead and do everything else you will be fine. Just don't collect the water sample and then wait an hour before doing the tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.