Pool replastering Questions

We do very little Hydrazzo where I work currently. It is hard, but has a tendency to "check", especially when temps are higher (as I would assume they may be by you :cool:. You can check out the product line at www.aquavations.com for more info. The jump to PebbleTec should not be much, if any, from the price of Hydrazzo.

3M is gone. They are pulling out of the market and will be completely gone by the end of the year. I would pass on that idea and go straight to plaster if that is the option, especially since longevity will be practically the same and you will still have support if needed.

Good luck with your decision!!

Bruce

I live in So Carolina.

Any recommendations/thoughts on :

- What is the approx cost for re-plastering a 20x40 ig gunite pool with regular marcite?
- potholes to avoid and marketing spiel to watch out for
- specifications to be defined to the resurfacer ie thickness of plaster,etc
- things to check before the resurfacer leaves

simicrintz, I looked at te hydrazzo page and the bit on polishing got me thinking- Could I polish a 3m quartz pool? ( I know you do not care for it but I cannot make the jump to pbl). That would give me the look, feel and durability that I want. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

I know they polish the quartz pools in Vegas, but I have never seen it done. I think it could provide a nice finish, but you need to find someone with experience doing it. You don't want to be the guinea pig for that :shock:

Just keep doing your homework and you should be fine. Check the contractors that you are considering at the Contractor State Licensing Board and BBB before you sign. Get references and call them to see how they feel now that the job is done. Be careful if you are considering the low bid!!!

Bruce

grasshopah said:
- What is the approx cost for re-plastering a 20x40 ig gunite pool with regular marcite?
Perhap a contractor on the East coast can answer this question. In California, according to what I've read, the price is in the neighborhood of $5000-$8000, which includes removal, preparation and re-tile.

polyvue said:
grasshopah said:
Perhap a contractor on the East coast can answer this question. In California, according to what I've read, the price is in the neighborhood of $5000-$8000, which includes removal, preparation and re-tile.

I charge 4.10 times the Interior Area (surface area of floor and walls) for white plaster, which includes draining and prep, and $19.00 a linear foot for 6" waterline tile, remove and replace. Throw in a few dollars more for new drain covers and eyeball fittings, if applicable. Those are So. Cal. numbers though :roll:

Bruce

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.