Goldline controls Aqua Pod remote control got water in it

estogo

Jul 14, 2009
Houston
The unit still works but the display isn't working.

It's supposed to be waterproof but if you shake it you can see a little got in. A replacement is $360, do you guys have any ideas on attempting to get it going again?

It's an AQL2-POD-X288

Thanks

estogo said:
The unit still works but the display isn't working.

It's supposed to be waterproof but if you shake it you can see a little got in. A replacement is $360, do you guys have any ideas on attempting to get it going again?

It's an AQL2-POD-X288
I don't. But this is a brand new product -- is it still under warranty? Is it functional?

I'll contact my pool co. tomorrow. My pool was started 8/1/08 and completed around October/November 08. I'll see if it's under warranty (probably). Hoping someone would say..."just let it dry out for a few days, it'll be fine"...

:)

estogo said:
I'll contact my pool co. tomorrow. My pool was started 8/1/08 and completed around October/November 08. I'll see if it's under warranty (probably). Hoping someone would say..."just let it dry out for a few days, it'll be fine"...

:)

Bummer. :( With any appliance/gadget (cell phone, notebook, etc.) that gets fluids in it the very first IMMEDIATE thing you do is remove the battery. Might be a good idea to disconnect the power if you can just in case it is not going to be under warranty.
gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.