Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline controls Aqua Pod remote control got water in it

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline controls Aqua Pod remote control got water in it

The unit still works but the display isn't working.

It's supposed to be waterproof but if you shake it you can see a little got in. A replacement is $360, do you guys have any ideas on attempting to get it going again?

It's an AQL2-POD-X288

Thanks
    15,000 gallon in ground plaster with hot tub. Chlorine Pool with Ozinator. 2 Skimmers
    SmartFilter 450/550 4 cartridge filter.
    2.5 HP Emmerson Main pump
    Hayward Super Pump II 3/4 HP pump for water feature.
    Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner (LOVE IT!)
    3/4 Hayward Super Pump II 3/4 booster pump for Hayward Phantom cleaner (no longer used)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goldline controls Aqua Pod remote control got water in it

Quote Originally Posted by estogo
    The unit still works but the display isn't working.

It's supposed to be waterproof but if you shake it you can see a little got in. A replacement is $360, do you guys have any ideas on attempting to get it going again?

It's an AQL2-POD-X288
    I don't. But this is a brand new product -- is it still under warranty? Is it functional?
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll contact my pool co. tomorrow. My pool was started 8/1/08 and completed around October/November 08. I'll see if it's under warranty (probably). Hoping someone would say..."just let it dry out for a few days, it'll be fine"...

15,000 gallon in ground plaster with hot tub. Chlorine Pool with Ozinator. 2 Skimmers
    3/4 Hayward Super Pump II 3/4 booster pump for Hayward Phantom cleaner (no longer used)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by estogo
    I'll contact my pool co. tomorrow. My pool was started 8/1/08 and completed around October/November 08. I'll see if it's under warranty (probably). Hoping someone would say..."just let it dry out for a few days, it'll be fine"...

Bummer. With any appliance/gadget (cell phone, notebook, etc.) that gets fluids in it the very first IMMEDIATE thing you do is remove the battery. Might be a good idea to disconnect the power if you can just in case it is not going to be under warranty.
    gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

5. Back To Top    #5

If it is out of warranty see if you can open the case without damaging anything then prop it up so it can drain and let it dry out.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow, that was easy. Called Blue Haven and they said they'd bring me a new one Friday or Monday!

Thanks all

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow, that was easy. Called Blue Haven and they said they'd bring me a new one Friday or Monday!

Thanks all