Aqua Rite SWG No Power

johnd13

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2009
Hi all. Went away for a week and pool was great. Came back, went out there this am to check on things and I have a problem.

I look at my Aqua Rite display, it reads 3300 PPM salt, Temp is 85, displays what the % output is set at and then nothing. No power LED, no salt generation, etc... I turned off the power and then back on, the no flow light came on and then off as it should, then generation light came on for about 10 seconds and then went off. At no time was the Power LED on. I took off the cover and checked the fuse, it's okay. The unit is exactly 5 years old and I changed out the cell this summer.

Any thoughts before I call the service guy?

Nope, no lightning. I am now thinking this wicked hot spell we had in South FLorida last week fried the guts of this.... Tech should be looking at this today. Added some chlroine to the pool to keep the nasties away until I can get this up and running again....

Well from a Google search I found a few instyances of the same exact problem I am having and in each case it was the board. As my repair tech has yet to call me after two days I have ordered the board as it appears I can switch it out myself....

Update: It was the circuit board. Had a little of the warranty left so it wasn't too bad a cost. According to the repair tech, fairly common occurrence down here with all the lightning and power surges we get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.