TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've got a tiny stream of bubbles coming out from between the liner and the return faceplate with the blower running and all of the winter plugs tightened. I never noticed any leaking during the summer, but the only thing I can guess is a crack in the fitting. I'm considering trying a rubber plug instead of the threaded plug to see if that seals back far enough to cover whatever it is.

Any other ideas? This is bad timing for me, since I had knee surgery a few weeks ago and I'm limited in working on the ground.

John, sorry to hear about the knee :(

A #9 rubber plug should go in deep enough to seal the line. Alternately, a few wraps of Teflon tape on the plug should also seal it :wink:

What you'll probably want to do before you fire up the pool next season is pick up an SP 1408 faceplate to replace the damaged one :cool: (I might even have one sitting in my basement :eek: )

Thanks for the advice Ted. I already ordered a new plate and gasket "just in case". This would be easier to deal with when opening :(

No problem, John :-D

My bad on the part number :oops: You have the SP 1411 returns which require a gasket (the difference is in the 'screw hole' placement and that the female threads are in the faceplate, not the body of the return) (I still have one in the cellar if you need :wink: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.