Another "Fitting for Vacuum Hose" but Different Question

geekgranny

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2009
North Central Texas
I have a 1 1/2 waste pipe that comes off push/pull valve for filter. I want to use a backwash SlimeBag to put waste water back into pool. Because my filter is now too small for the amount of sand/silt the puppies drag in to pool daily I'm having to backwash at least twice a week. I'm going to be replacing the filter soon for a much bigger one.

Anyway, on the SlimeBag site they show a picture of a blue, standard vacuum hose (the one that is all one length and not sectional) leading from waste, with a SlimeBag attached to put waste water back into pool. They do not show, though, how they attach the hose to waste pipe. Both of the fittings on the end of my vacuum hose are almost exactly the same diameter as the waste 1 1/2" pipe so I haven't been able to attach it. Is there a secret way of fitting it over the waste pipe, maybe heating the end of hose with a hair dryer or something like that or would I need some kind of fitting? When backwashing the pressure and water flow coming out of waste pipe is immense. When I set up drip systems or repair garden hoses I usually heat up water to just below boiling to soften the hoses. Would that work?

Thanks, gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.