Stabilizer

Yes, it should be fine. I can't make out the label, but I think it simply says "Cyanuric Acid" and that's all you want. The closer to 100% the better. Liquid doesn't go in the sock like granules do. I think you have to pre-mix it in a bucket and pour slowly as that stuff can be quite thick. So just follow those directions and you should be okay. If it says to dilute and pour in the skimmer, do it slowly.

I've never priced the liquid, but the powder seems to be pretty cheap. I paid about $15 for 4 pounds of it.

One thing, if you do ever do the sock method with the powdered stuff.... the sock I picked to use was a pretty
thick "winter" type sock. Not crazy thick, but a little heavier than your normal everyday sock. I found after two
days that the majority of the stuff still hadn't dissolved into the water. I had to massage the sock for about five
min to get most of it to come out on day 3. Use a somewhat thinner sock. I hung mine close too, but not
directly in front of the return jet.

Has anyone ever seen the liquid stabilizer on sale? Does liquid stabilizer go bad? I don’t mind powered but the convenience of a liquid for a quick top up would be great.

I think i have read reports here of the CYA precipitated out of thr liquid and forming a solid block.

It forms a sludge in the bottle. So, you have to shake it up to make it a mixture. I don't think that it's going to form a solid block in the bottle.

Cyanuric acid can degrade under certain circumstances, but it should be relatively stable when stored away from heat and sunlight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.