Discolorations in pool finish

Oct 8, 2009
New gunite pool with a Maui Gem quartz finish in "shark skin" grey color. PB added muriatic acid today and afterwards I noticed a lightened area where the acid was added. Does anyone know if this could be the cause of the lightened area or could there be other culprits? Will this area possibly darken again?

mamasproject said:
New gunite pool with a Maui Gem quartz finish in "shark skin" grey color. PB added muriatic acid today and afterwards I noticed a lightened area where the acid was added. Does anyone know if this could be the cause of the lightened area or could there be other culprits? Will this area possibly darken again?
As agent86 suggested, having the pump running is fairly critical when adding muriatic acid (or any chemical) and hopefully the PB added this to the deep end. If he/she added a substantial amount near the newly plastered surface of your pool with the pump shut off... well, I don't know if it would permanently lighten the plaster color, but I would certainly question the PB about this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.