New Coping

amattas

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
So right now I have bullnose aluminum pour behind coping. I have a few pieces I need to replace with some cement work when I redo the liner in the next few years.

I'll be honest, I hate how the the aluminum looks - so I'm contemplating something crazy - replacing it with travertine / cement coping up to the edge, had anyone does this? If yes what did it cost? Also aside from it being expensive are there other risks I'm taking?

So right now I have bullnose aluminum pour behind coping. I have a few pieces I need to replace with some cement work when I redo the liner in the next few years.

I'll be honest, I hate how the the aluminum looks - so I'm contemplating something crazy - replacing it with travertine / cement coping up to the edge, had anyone does this? If yes what did it cost? Also aside from it being expensive are there other risks I'm taking?

You must consider, will it off the deck to coping profile & create a toe stub or undesirable grade.

You must consider, will it off the deck to coping profile & create a toe stub or undesirable grade.

Agh good point I think it’s a lot taller than my aluminum I’d have to repour the whole deck probably, and that won’t likely work because of my retaining wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please post a picture so I can see this aluminum coping? It seems unusual to me and I need to learn :geek:

Maddie :flower:

Not home to take a picture of the bent stuff, but this is basically it.

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/2...MIpIaf5deo3AIVw7rACh0eXALzEAQYASABEgIoJvD_BwE

The cement pours up behind it, unfortunately for me I had a slab sink and bend the coping enough to put a small tear in the liner. The tear fortunately stabilized, but that slab will need to be repoured prior to putting in a new liner.

CP2 really doesn’t fail.

sounds like the fasteners failed, which makes me suspect you have concrete issues.

Photos of decking & anything touching the decking, pool, retaining walls walls etc.. ??

Sorry I could have been more clear.

I’ve had three slabs sink since the original owners put in the pool 14 years ago.

My guess is it’s due to the high clay content in our soil (it could be a leak, but I’m not losing more water than expected or getting air in the system so unlikely).

When the slabs sunk it bent four pieces of coping which will need to be replaced when I replace my liner (along with the surrounding cement).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.