Linking photos with posts

Jul 9, 2009
Birmingham, AL
You know when you first pull up the forum, there are photo's at the top? It would be cool to be able to click somewhere that would take you to that particular thread.

I haven't searched this and just throwing it out there so if it has been suggested before, I apologize in advance.

Just a thought!

:cheers::gone:

pit,

I agree... it seems to me that we talked about this when the pictures were initially added but that some technical issue prevented it from happening... :confused:

I'll ask and see if we can get some better feedback...

Thanks,

Jim R.

It's not simple, but if your really want to find one, you can often search by the image number. For example, if you click on the image and get the link, you'll see something like "do=view_image&id=1664&gal=gallery" go to Advanced Search and search for the "id=1664" part of it, it will usually find the thread. It might also find other threads that have pictures and the number 1664 in them, but I've had good look tracking them down this way. Certainly not easy, but it works.

pit,

I knew there was a good reason we can't do it, because it makes perfect sense... Here is why...

The largest issue was the fact that this "add-on" isn't integrated with vBulletin's "search" feature. Where that becomes a major issue is that it would more or less create two separate forums, one for photos and one for everything else. When a user hit's the "View New Posts" button comments/photos' in the Photo Gallery wouldn't show up even if there was activity included so users would need to search in two area's. Because of that we removed the comment features and basically made it a photo hosting area. That's not to say in the future updates may come along that would expand our options, but at this time we're limited.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.