Air bubble question

So this may be a dumb question but I and trying to understand everything about this hot tub that came with me house.

It is a royal spa. The controls has options for jets, turbo and lights. And a separate turn control for a waterfall thing and one more turn control that appears to control the force water comes out the jet.

But then there are to small ports/mini jets in the bottom of the tub that always has bubbles coming out. I assume this is just adding oxygen to the water but have no idea what the real purpose is and there is no controls for it. The air coming from it is cold in the winter so I assume some sort of air pump. I do know that if those are not putting bubbles out then my skimmer has some dirt in it and my heater stops working until I clean the skimmer...this happened several times this last winter and has always bugged me since the skimmer basket rarely has much of anything in it, I have more dirt in my pocket than i pull out of the skimmer basket yet it’s always the problem.

So just trying to understand what all it’s for and it’s effect with the heater and also the possible effect on PH since adding air rasies PH and having a little problem keeping PH down. Got my TA down to where I want it though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.