I done messed up.

Jaync

Jul 16, 2018
vale nc
I think I messed up some settings in my aqua rite and the salt is reading 300ppm, yet the pool store told me I had near 5000ppm so I'm not generating chlorine and my pool keeps turning green.The system is only 4 years old and it has been cleaned regularly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If it was me I would exchange 25% of the water and start shocking w liquid chlorine asap. U need to slam no matter what u do but your cya level is needed to get a baseline. Do u have a tft kit and if so where ur fc and cya at now

- - - Updated - - -

Post ur pool specs in ur signature we need to know the gallons. Right now u can start pump leve it run 24/7 and throw 2 gallons liquid chlorine in there if u have an inground 1 gallon if smaller above and get us ur info

Lists of questions. Do you have a test kit? Either the tf-100 or Taylor K-2006c and a salt test kit Taylor K-1766.

What is your cya?

Pleasr update your signature use this post
https://www.troublefreepool.com/thr...-to-answer-your-questions?p=684136#post684136

Depending on the type of cell and if the pool store has accurate testing (they usually don’t this is why a proper test kit is needed) one sign of a cell going bad is low salt readings. If it’s 4 years old it may be at the end of its life or it could also be a bad sensor.

I would add liquid chlorine use poolmath to get it elevated and then start a SLAM

https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl

I think I messed up some settings in my aqua rite and the salt is reading 300ppm, yet the pool store told me I had near 5000ppm so I'm not generating chlorine and my pool keeps turning green.The system is only 4 years old and it has been cleaned regularly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Wrong cell type!
Make sure your cell match the cell type on the display, pages 7-10 > Hayward Aquarite Troubleshooting Guide
If that didn't work, post the Diagnostics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.