Floc to clear green algae

Jul 16, 2018
new jersey
Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: Green dust on bottom of pool

I had the same problem and nobody listen nobody knew how to fix it I tried many different things and all they said was keep brushing and cleaning the chemistry is ok
here is the answer "FLOC" yes use the best floc I used Maintain Pool Pro granular Floc leave overnight and vacuum to waste all the solids on the bottom of the pool. after that the water will be clear and you will need to bring the chlorine to shock level and that is it the floc is only $25.00QUOTE=Optica;304666]CindyG1,

Do you get the green stuff on the walls too or only on the floor? Algae would tend to grow on walls too unless the walls get very little sunlight. I am kinda wondering if this is not algae but some type of pollen dust or something else since you haven't been seeing any significant combined chlorine levels. Are you passing the OCLT?.

Anybody else seen anything green like this that wasn't algae? Most pollen posts i've seen have it yellow/brown colored. Where are you located? Maybe someone in the same general area can speak up about known things (types of pollen) in your area

If it is algae, we will be with you to give encouraging words and assistance where we can during the shock process. Good luck!.[/QUOTE]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.