HELP!!! i am desperate

Oct 5, 2009
ok brief story, i inherited a pool route , with no training what so ever, every thinh fine until a couple of weeks ago, i will post pics so u guys can see and help, the dark spots that have appeared cant br brushed, the only way to get rid of them is when i get a pvc pipe and pour acid directly , but then that spot is a lot clearer that the rest of the pool, i have asked many pool guys i see around, some have no idea, 3 of them actually gave me their number in case i find out what it is, since they have same problem, pool place where i buy has been no help at all, they tell me to do an acid wash, but that seems wrong in the sence that i dont thinh costumer should pay for my mistake, and also y would still not know what caused it......any help would be great thank[attachment=1:1i8ix9yy]CIMG1538.JPG[/attachment:1i8ix9yy]

[attachment=0:1i8ix9yy]CIMG15238.JPG[/attachment:1i8ix9yy]

Attachments

• CIMG1538.JPG
    CIMG1538.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 358
  • CIMG15238.JPG
    CIMG15238.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 358
Hello jose florida... welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for posting the pictures. It's difficult for me to see from the photos whether the stains are algae, metals or something else.

Could you also post a recent full set of test results and describe how this pool is normally treated? In other words, which chemicals are added on a regular basis?

Until then, you may get some clues by reading the articles in Pool School... especially this one.

[attachment=0:3mrdml4j]CIMG1541.JPG[/attachment:3mrdml4j]

those are the only 3 pics that i had

ok going to your question i treat with chlorine, sometimes a tablet, also acid to lower the ph,.....and when its supposed to rain a lot , i had ( sometimes, at the advice of another pool guy) some Dichlor, he told me since it has more chlorine it will last longer, oh and stabilizer, like times a year( i am supposed to , next time is in nov)

ok, i tested today, ph around 6.8
alkalinity
and chlorine were kind of low, but i really cant remember, i have to stop by in 2 days and i will make sure i right them down
i really hope someone can help, in mean time i will start reading what u suggested , thanks

Attachments

• CIMG1541.JPG
    CIMG1541.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 341
Another suggestion is that after you read the afore mentioned "Pool School" and learn the basics. Don't just blindly add things to the pool(s). Perform good tests and add only what's needed. Your customers will be much happier and you will too because you can spend more time taking care of their pools and less time fighting problems.

Now back to your original question. You said that Acid lightened them but have you tried a tri-chlor puck directly on them to see what it does? If not, try that and report back.

just stoping by to say thanks, that pool school really helps, i had been using a algacide that has cooper, and that might be the cause of my problem......................i know this is not the place to ask but are those test strips any good , or should i buy a test kit?

jose florida said:
just stoping by to say thanks, that pool school really helps, i had been using a algacide that has cooper, and that might be the cause of my problem......................i know this is not the place to ask but are those test strips any good , or should i buy a test kit?
I think most folks here have used test strips at one time or another, but there are questions about their accuracy and, perhaps most importantly, their precision. It's just good to know (and sometimes essential to know) whether your CYA is 30 or 40 or 60 ppm... and the ranges provided by the strips aren't up to pinpointing the result with great exactitude. If you procure one of the test kits recommended in this thread, you'll be way ahead of the game.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.