Any plumbers?

The DW air gap mounted on the sink is a type of back flow preventer that keeps DW waste from being sucked into your plumbing should a back flow event occur (like a busted water main). It also doubles as an overflow for the dishwasher should anything after the DW waste line back up: like a clog in the drain or a disposer that is full of crud. It won't address the venting issue.

I think you're good-to-go: one trap, AAV, done.

It hasn't ever really worked correctly. We're just getting tired of it and finally are addressing it. The drain works about as well as it has ever worked. at best I would think there is grease buildup but nothing more than that. I had my septic line scoped out when I had the pool go in and it looked really clean almost new. The sink drain was not scoped but I cannot imagine it is too much worse.

I think the dishwasher (on counter) vents are designed as a siphon break, right? Not really as a vent so much.

In any case, I will definitely replumb this to have only 1 trap. I'll add the AAV vent just for good measure. I have used them before when I moved my laundry room so am familiar with their operation.

Ok, if that’s the case you need to investigate why it’s draining slow. Could be a couple of things coming together to make it drain slow.

I know this is going to sound weird, but if at all possible, check the vent pipes from the roof. Back east I had a problem with the downstairs bathroom, it kept draining slower and slower over time. I snaked the pipes, scoped them, and nuttin. Until, just out of curiosity, I went on the roof to inspect the vent pipe. What did I find? A friggen bees nest!! Yup, for some reason they decided to build a nest right inside the pipe, causing poor air flow, hence the slow drains.

So put on your detective gear, and go solve a crime!! :mrgreen:

ahhh to late lol you guys gave the correct way to fix it.... :) I was like wait I can help someone then i read page 2. I have the same issue with a house I just got... I am going to rip it all out and start at the stack That is how bad it is here, heck even the stack needs to be moved, they boxed it in, and ran it threw the countertop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.