Removing filter from pool ...

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
We are getting ready to take the pool apart to move it to our new location. Water is drained from the pool and I am ready to remove the filter and pump. My question is do I need to put any marks on the top to re align the head once I have put the sand back in ?
Would I also be safe in assuming I should have a new gasket on hand for when I do this ?

You can take a look at the old one o-ring and get a good idea. If it's surface is cracked or it's leaving black residue on your hands when you touch it, get a new one. If not then lubricating it will probably suffice.

As for the tank, there's no proper way to align it with the valve. You'll just want to be sure the drain plug is oriented conveniently. But you do have to watch the alignment of the stand pipe as you're filling with new sand (be sure it's centered and on the bottom of the tank. Your filter should have come with a fill cap to hold it in place). And if you have hard plumbing you'll also need to be sure the tank is in the proper location for the valve to match up with the plumbing.

Ok thanks Spishex. I just wanted to make sure I didnt have to mark anything before taking the head off and emptying the sand. Should I put the laterals in a plastic bag inside the filter tank for safe keeping or just put the "unit" inside and let it do its thing during transport etc ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.