Upgrading pool light

Nope. The lights are grounded and meant to be pulled out of the can and the bulb changed, then put back in.

Are you replacing just the bulb or the whole light and cord assembly?

Bruce

Bruce
I am relpacing the whole light and cord assembly. As you know the wire from the fixture goes through a conection in the nich which seals around the wire going to the junction box which is above the level of the pool. If I disconect the current light fixture I will be breaking the seal around the current wire in order to remove it from the nich which will flood the conduit with water from the pool. So the question is does it hurt the wire to sit in water in the conduit?
Thanks

Water in the conduit is normal and won't be a problem. The cord is shielded and the J-Box should be about 8" above the highest water elevation (in case you have a raised spa) to prevent any issues. There is always an "umbilical cord" of pool light cord left in the niche for exactly this reason, when the light burns out and needs to be changed.

Just use the old cord as a "fish" and pull the new light assembly through. You should be back in business in no time!

Bruce

I think you should seal the cables and cover to avoid water to go in the interior of the cables cover.

this seal is just to be used when you insert the cable in the water and then throug the niche pipe, after that this sealed point is no longer necesari because is in the junction box above water level.

Other points like simicrintz says.

sorry for my bad english :?

Gumaro

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.