closing in one day & pool cover ?

spf30

Apr 28, 2009
Hanna City, IL
Re: closing, we can't seem to find a day to do the 'whole works', but only having closed once, I don't want to be doing something I shouldn't be doing. Am I missing something with this plan...heavy dose of bleach a few days prior to close. Day before closing, add polyq (if I decide to). First day of closing, remove stairs, vacuum, backwash, drain off below skimmer, remove whatever hardware I need to inside pool. Cover pool (see below). Following up on another day (before freezing), take care of plumbing 'components', etc. Is there anything wrong with this picture?
Also, we have an above ground with deck surrounding on all sides. We've decided to lay the cover flat over the top and extended it out over the deck, then tying off the cover to the posts on the deck. Has anyone tried this approach? What type of rope/? did you find successful yet will still fit through the grommets? Thanks.

Depends on the winter, but we get very cold and freeze more than I'd like to mess with making sure the pump/filter are running. I'm keeping it open longer than usual, but having no leaf cover, I think it's time as even though we don't have a lot of leaves, the maple seeds and neighbors leaves are finding their way into the pool. So figured it's time this weekend to get started. Temps have dropped, which is what I was waiting for...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.