Another small pool build League City TX

It is that time!!! Time for YOUR own set of links!!!! It is a lot of info but will all start to sink in once you start to use it.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Also check with your PB to see what test kit he will be giving you.

Kim:kim:

No...........don't make me say it............The BLING QUEEN is going to say................that pretty, blingy, blue tile really does not go with that waterline tile. I wonder if you could cut the water line tile into smaller pieces and use them as step markers?

No...........don't make me say it............The BLING QUEEN is going to say................that pretty, blingy, blue tile really does not go with that waterline tile. I wonder if you could cut the water line tile into smaller pieces and use them as step markers?

I thought about that too. I'm going to sleep on it and decide whether I want the cut markers or none at all. Thanks for all your help Kim!

Day 5. Decided to not go with the step markers for a cleaner look. Tile and coping complete and plumber is scheduled to be here on Monday. I'm here stressing about my waterline tile decision thinking it would have looked better with glass. I wanted glass initially but stayed away after reading about several cracking incidents and how hard they are to keep clean. I think the tiles I have now will look great once the pool is complete and I dress up the landscape. On to the pics.

20180826_070401.jpg
20180826_070414.jpg
20180826_070437.jpg
20180826_070453.jpg
20180826_070824.jpg
20180826_070829.jpg

I like how they mixed up the colors on the waterline tile. We had one build where they put all of the dark ones together and all of the lights ones together..........they had to take them all out and do it again :(

Just caught up on your thread! Your pool is huge compared to the approx 10x20 we just built. I’m so glad you didn’t go with the step treads. We have them but in the same natural colour of our waterline tile. Your pool is going to look amazing with water in!
Thank you. I was surprised myself at how big it looked in person as opposed to the design/plan. Do you have any pictures of your step treads? Plaster is still a few weeks out so I still have the option to add some if necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how they mixed up the colors on the waterline tile. We had one build where they put all of the dark ones together and all of the lights ones together..........they had to take them all out and do it again :(

I agree. The tile guys did a great job. I watched them carefully select tiles for each area, i.e, spreading out the color variations

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Had to pick a night photo as the sun reflects too much off my tfp water to see them well during the day from a distance [emoji6]
db736e75abaade6913b04ec90f3cd083.jpg
Looks great! I pan to visit the PB office this week to see if I can find any step tiles that I like. Your setup is very clean. The boulders, the travertine decking and the glass enclosure/fencing gives the area a really great touch.

Looks great! I pan to visit the PB office this week to see if I can find any step tiles that I like. Your setup is very clean. The boulders, the travertine decking and the glass enclosure/fencing gives the area a really great touch.

Thanks. The boulders were already there so we worked with them. If you choose not to have step markers I think that’s better than a tile you don’t like or doesn’t go well. Most pb here would build without them for safety reasons. I can take them or leave them personally. Looks like you’re making really good progress.

Thanks guys! Decking is formed and approved by the city. Drain that runs across the back patio to the street has also been dug. The city requires 2 drains. One from inside the pool that is connected to the city sewer and another in the yard that carries water to the street. We've been having rain for the past 2 days and forecast shows it for another week or so. Decking is scheduled to be poured on Wednesday but I'm not sure that will happen. Also they have to come and fix the layout. They made the edges along the fence square with the fence as opposed to the house/pool.20180830_064840.jpg
20180901_121045.jpg
20180903_095836.jpg
20180903_095847.jpg

And the man of the house.
20180901_184919.jpg

Reactions: Casey
HUGS! Lots and lots of cute to that cutie right there!!!! Now I have you first thing to buy him for the pool: https://www.amazon.com/Stearns-Puddle-Jumper-Basic-Jacket/dp/B01EJ393K6 These are the best things ever for kids and water. Notice how easy they are to get on AND how they will make the kid float on their back if something happens like falling into the pool.

Decking--what? They squared it up with the fence?? instead of the house? You would think they would ask the home owner which one to use before they do all of that work :roll: oh well..........will you have to have it re-inspected?

HUGS! Lots and lots of cute to that cutie right there!!!! Now I have you first thing to buy him for the pool: https://www.amazon.com/Stearns-Puddle-Jumper-Basic-Jacket/dp/B01EJ393K6 These are the best things ever for kids and water. Notice how easy they are to get on AND how they will make the kid float on their back if something happens like falling into the pool.

Decking--what? They squared it up with the fence?? instead of the house? You would think they would ask the home owner which one to use before they do all of that work :roll: oh well..........will you have to have it re-inspected?

Thank you. Definitely getting floaties for him even though he is going to be doing ISR classes soon. I literally held the guy's hand one morning last week before work and showed him how I wanted it and when I came home it was messed up. It should be an easy fix without having to re-inspect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.