Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Lighting

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Lighting

First of all, thanks for the excellent advice I have received so far! This question is about lighting. I am having a 16x24x42 L-shaped pool installed soon and I was wondering if one standard (low voltage) light is sufficient? The standard is to put the light under the diving board on the deep end shining along the 42 ft but that doesn't cover the L portion. Not sure if a second light is worth it. Thanks for your opinions!
    inground liner Grecian "L"
    34000 gallons
    1 HP whisperflo, TA100 sand filter
    Autopilot digital SWG, SC-60 cell
    Hayward Colorlogic LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    My rectangular pool has two 500w 110v bulbs and it is certainly not too much. I would absolutely consider more lighting than is currently planned.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I would opt for more lighting if you can. I am installing two lights for my 34' x 17' rectangular shaped pool.... I will be using pebble-tec for the interior so much of the light will not reflect.
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

4. Back To Top    #4

When we install a lazy or regular 'L' pool we put one in the center of the deep end (ie, under the diving board) and one directly across from the steps -- having the steps and break illuminated is quite important for night use!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Definately and especially because it's L shaped.

I have a 40' odd shaped pool with one light at the end. It's really not enough for even my pool at the opposite end.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Just swim in the dark, save money on bathing suits!
    Jim

7. Back To Top    #7
    That's the only advice that haven't had any trouble understanding.....thanks! :P
    inground liner Grecian "L"
    34000 gallons
    1 HP whisperflo, TA100 sand filter
    Autopilot digital SWG, SC-60 cell
    Hayward Colorlogic LED lights