Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What does your pool paradise look like?

1. Back To Top    #61

In the Industry

Re: What does your pool paradise look like?

Quote Originally Posted by jimim View Post
    can I ask where u got the cushion n covers for the loungers. They r so expensive everywhere I check.
    During your build, I thought the raised design was going to be a goofy sore thumb..
    I was wrong, very slick backdrop.. I really like it & I seen 1000s of pools.
    Well done!!

2. Back To Top    #62

Thank you. It came out better than we imagined!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post
    During your build, I thought the raised design was going to be a goofy sore thumb..
    I was wrong, very slick backdrop.. I really like it & I seen 1000s of pools.
    Well done!!
    17,000 gal 20' x 34' Polymer freeform pool, All Hayward products: Aqua plus 16v w/ SWG & Aqua connect, Summit 140k btu heat pump, Tristar VSP 1.85HP, 1 Universal Colorlogic light, 1 320 Colorlogic light, 1 4' lighted Sheer Descent, 2 Pentair Magic Bowls

3. Back To Top    #63

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jza1736 View Post
    Thank you. It came out better than we imagined!
    I'm wondering from a design perspective if it has to do with the length of the raised area. It is relatively long in relation to the pool which seems to be the difference between ones I like more and ones I like less. Makes it seem more substantial and heavy, grounding the pool.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #64

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    I'm wondering from a design perspective if it has to do with the length of the raised area. It is relatively long in relation to the pool which seems to be the difference between ones I like more and ones I like less. Makes it seem more substantial and heavy, grounding the pool.
    I agree! it looks amazing!!
    17K gallon, 18x40, 107 perimeter, 550 sq ft gunite inground pool with raised spa. 3.5 ft. - 5.0 ft. - 4.0 ft depth. Pentair equipment. DE filter. English Walnut travertine paver decking, lueders limestone coping. Wet Edge Primera Stone Sapphire Treasure plaster.

5. Back To Top    #65

Yeah, I think you nailed that one. The wall being as long as it is def made all the difference. If it were shorter, it would have looked like an afterthought.
    The water bowls on the ends really tie it all together nicely.
    ~Rob
    11,000 gallon in ground plaster pebbletech finish. Hayward Tristar VS, Hayward Swimclear, and Hayward Aquanaut 200 pool vac, K-2006 Kit, Speedstir.
    FC/CYA Chart-Finding a suction side air leak>https://youtu.be/eweIDTnJCUw

6. Back To Top    #66

Well this is a rental house with pool. So i didnt build. But to answer your main question,i think its harder to keep clean.No leaks in the grout,but seams to be where the alge likes to cling to. But that could be that im not a seasoned veteran in maintaining pool water balance. But im learning quickly.

7. Back To Top    #67

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonarob View Post
    Yeah, I think you nailed that one. The wall being as long as it is def made all the difference. If it were shorter, it would have looked like an afterthought.
    The water bowls on the ends really tie it all together nicely.
    The funny thing is the PBs Mason didn't know how to use a Tape measure and it worked out in our favor. We wanted to the wall to be 28' x 18" w/ 24" piers. They built it 32' x 21" w/ 28" piers.

17,000 gal 20' x 34' Polymer freeform pool, All Hayward products: Aqua plus 16v w/ SWG & Aqua connect, Summit 140k btu heat pump, Tristar VSP 1.85HP, 1 Universal Colorlogic light, 1 320 Colorlogic light, 1 4' lighted Sheer Descent, 2 Pentair Magic Bowls

8. Back To Top    #68

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jza1736 View Post
    The funny thing is the PBs Mason didn't know how to use a Tape measure and it worked out in our favor. We wanted to the wall to be 28' x 18" w/ 24" piers. They built it 32' x 21" w/ 28" piers.
    You must have some good karma!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #69

You must have some good karma!

10. Back To Top    #70

Beautiful tile work! What are the dimensions of your pool? And, the dimensions of the shelf? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Tivo View Post

11. Back To Top    #71

What does your pool paradise look like?

12. Back To Top    #72

I think that pool float has sinister thoughts. I’d watch him closely.
    ~Rob
    11,000 gallon in ground plaster pebbletech finish. Hayward Tristar VS, Hayward Swimclear, and Hayward Aquanaut 200 pool vac, K-2006 Kit, Speedstir.
    FC/CYA Chart-Finding a suction side air leak>https://youtu.be/eweIDTnJCUw

13. Back To Top    #73

Ha! Iíll have to keep a close eye on my CYA...

14. Back To Top    #74

TFP Guide

:j
    Cliff, IG, 22K gal, Pentair WF 2HP 2 Speed Pump, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Hayward PL Plus Pool Management, SWG T Cell-15, 2 LED Hayward Color Logic 4.0 Lights, Water Features, Diamond Brite Black Onyx pool finish, TF-100 Test Kit, PoolMath App, Dolphin S200 Robot (Phin). Northlake, TX New Pool Build
    I support TFP Forums ♥ Has the info saved you $? You can support too!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234