Heater Inside the Jandy Power Center

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hello. I will be closing our new pool for the first time and have a question regarding the best way to protect our costly Jandy Purelink Power Center over the winter. I am an engineer in the electrical construction industry and it is common practice to install a light bulb inside electrical equipment enclosures prior to them being energized. The heat from the bulb keeps the inside of the enclosure warm and dry.

I am considering using a small light bulb (say 25 watts) inside of the enclosure to keep it dry over the winter months. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any other suggestions to protect the Power Center?

I read this when you first posted it and was hoping someone would come along with a great idea. Apparently not! :?

I too being a E² have experience with heating enclosures. We never use light bulbs but instead use purpose built enclosure heaters. Go to www.Omega.com and you'll find some inexpensive ones with thermostats
SRFE_m.jpg

The SRFE is a favorite of mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.