Safety Cover installation instructions for Paver Brick

Sep 28, 2009
Hello I just had my whole yard done in pavers. I also purchased a new safety pool cover. Does anyone have instructions on how to install the cover on a paver brick surface. I have the special poles that are needed for paver installation. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!!

While pics would certainly be welcome :) - I think I can start to answer without them :wink:

If what you have are 18" aluminum tubes with a brass, screw up anchor in the top, you'll need a hammer- drill with a 1"circumference bit, the bit needs to be at least 18", longer if you have rocks under your drilling sites.

Unfortunately, drilling through the pavers will often cause them to crack (it CAN be done on a ~6 X 6" paver, if it's center of the paver) As such, what we'll usually do is put the hole on a joint between 2 (or more) pavers so as to both, not break the pavers and also allow a little more support for the stake (without the pavers to help support them, they'd tend to pull in towards the pool from the tension on the springs)

If you need any help as you install the cover, I'll be happy to proffer my advice and I know others here will too :-D

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!!

While pics would certainly be welcome :) - I think I can start to answer without them :wink:
Ooooooo...BUSTED! I should've known your pool guy x-ray vision would be able to see through my shameless attempt to hijack this thread... :oops:

:lookhere: I just love to see what others are doing with pavers.

Welcome, gminervini, to TFP! :)

If you need further help, beyond that provided by Ted (aka "waste") in response to your first post, please tell us what you're having a problem with. Ted (and others here) have the knowledge to see you through this thing.

86e8d510e4bfca445e0d2b81cbc46a71.jpg

Just did this one today!
"waste" has you going in the right direction. Just take your time going through the pavers and I like to use a smaller pilot hole also and keep my bits wet to keep the pavers from breaking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.