Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Safety Cover installation instructions for Paver Brick

1. Back To Top    #1

Safety Cover installation instructions for Paver Brick

Hello I just had my whole yard done in pavers. I also purchased a new safety pool cover. Does anyone have instructions on how to install the cover on a paver brick surface. I have the special poles that are needed for paver installation. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Safety Cover installation instructions for Paver Brick

Quote Originally Posted by gminervini
    Hello I just had my whole yard done in pavers.
    Sorry, can't help you with the safety cover, but I just wanted to say that you should post a pic of your new paver installation. Well, because you know we lubs dem pics...
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!

While pics would certainly be welcome - I think I can start to answer without them

If what you have are 18" aluminum tubes with a brass, screw up anchor in the top, you'll need a hammer- drill with a 1"circumference bit, the bit needs to be at least 18", longer if you have rocks under your drilling sites.

Unfortunately, drilling through the pavers will often cause them to crack (it CAN be done on a ~6 X 6" paver, if it's center of the paver) As such, what we'll usually do is put the hole on a joint between 2 (or more) pavers so as to both, not break the pavers and also allow a little more support for the stake (without the pavers to help support them, they'd tend to pull in towards the pool from the tension on the springs)

If you need any help as you install the cover, I'll be happy to proffer my advice and I know others here will too
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Welcome to TFP!!

While pics would certainly be welcome - I think I can start to answer without them
    Ooooooo...BUSTED! I should've known your pool guy x-ray vision would be able to see through my shameless attempt to hijack this thread...

I just love to see what others are doing with pavers.
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

5. Back To Top    #5

Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6

Here is the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

SWEET!

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome, gminervini, to TFP!

If you need further help, beyond that provided by Ted (aka "waste") in response to your first post, please tell us what you're having a problem with. Ted (and others here) have the knowledge to see you through this thing.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

9. Back To Top    #9

Did you put the cover down yourself or did you hire someone?

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Just did this one today!
    "waste" has you going in the right direction. Just take your time going through the pavers and I like to use a smaller pilot hole also and keep my bits wet to keep the pavers from breaking.
    Jacob Zaluski, Owner
    True Blue Pools LLC. Lexington, KY
    Service Center for Hayward Pool Products