My Pool... Naked!

polyvue

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2009
Sacramento, California USA
It's been 2 years since my pool was completed, but seeing the wonderful pics of others' pools has reminded me that I too have a story to tell... and pictures to upload. Hope you enjoy them.

polyvue
[attachment=0:b0lixw3a]00poly2007JUN30.jpg[/attachment:b0lixw3a]

Attachments

• 02poly2007JULY18.jpg
    02poly2007JULY18.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 897
  • 01poly2007JUN30.jpg
    01poly2007JUN30.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 896
  • 00poly2007JUN30.jpg
    00poly2007JUN30.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 901
Thanks for the compliments... :-D

Final choice for my pool builder came down to the one (out of five) who agree without reservation to build my oddly shaped pool as I had drawn it. The other four had strongly preconceived notions about design that precluded, among other attributes, the acute angle I had placed on the perimeter. Likewise, they (and even my own builder) despised the spa's crescent-moon shape I had stolen from an ocean-side infinity edge spa I'd seen in a fancy magazine. Since the build I've seen several of these.

polyvue said:
The other four had strongly preconceived notions about design that precluded, among other attributes, the acute angle I had placed on the perimeter. Likewise, they (and even my own builder) despised the spa's crescent-moon shape I had stolen from an ocean-side infinity edge spa I'd seen in a fancy magazine. Since the build I've seen several of these.
How do you feel about those acute angles now that you've had it a couple of years? The reason I ask is that my pool has one such angle where the spa meets the pool. Floating debris tends to gravitate to that spot and is a real PITA to reach easily with my skimmer net. I usually just bend over(while cursing) and wave the debris away with my hand before scooping it out with the net. I have sworn that if I ever build a pool, there will be nothing but smooth curves...

Beez said:
How do you feel about those acute angles now that you've had it a couple of years? The reason I ask is that my pool has one such angle where the spa meets the pool. Floating debris tends to gravitate to that spot and is a real PITA to reach easily with my skimmer net. I usually just bend over(while cursing) and wave the debris away with my hand before scooping it out with the net. I have sworn that if I ever build a pool, there will be nothing but smooth curves...
Yes, I know what you mean, but I absolutely insisted upon this design element--I wanted a pool with an entirely original shape and that's what I got. If I had it to do over again (bein' much smerter, now, I thenk :wink: ) I would place a (2nd) skimmer near there. The pool's unusual shape demands another one anyway. My other missed opportunity, which I complained about to the PB (but ultimately did nothing about), was to install another LED light (probably spa size) to illuminate this nook; it's entirely in shadow at night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Butterfly said:
Beautiful pool :-D

Did you also re-do your fence?
Thank you. Yes, the fence was rebuilt. Was planning on replacing the 20 year old redwood fence with mortar/stucco but the cost ($100+ @ linear foot) would have slaughtered the budget, so went with redwood replacement at about 1/3 the cost. Never been particularly fond of the look, however. I may dress it up with bamboo panels at some point. Maybe after retirement... or possibly on my 121st birthday -- haven't decided yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.