Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Pool... Naked!

1. Back To Top    #1

My Pool... Naked!

It's been 2 years since my pool was completed, but seeing the wonderful pics of others' pools has reminded me that I too have a story to tell... and pictures to upload. Hope you enjoy them.

polyvue
    [attachment=0:b0lixw3a]00poly2007JUN30.jpg[/attachment:b0lixw3a]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Pool... Naked!

Installment 2 of 3
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __

3. Back To Top    #3

Installment 3 of 3
    __

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

5. Back To Top    #5

I just love watching these builds! Very nice pool!
    32x16 buried Doughboy, 4' shallow - 7' deep
    Pentair Dynamo 1 hp, 2-speed - Pentair 150# SD40 w/zeolite (75#)
    One skimmer/two returns/Aquabot Turbo T2

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the compliments...

Final choice for my pool builder came down to the one (out of five) who agree without reservation to build my oddly shaped pool as I had drawn it. The other four had strongly preconceived notions about design that precluded, among other attributes, the acute angle I had placed on the perimeter. Likewise, they (and even my own builder) despised the spa's crescent-moon shape I had stolen from an ocean-side infinity edge spa I'd seen in a fancy magazine. Since the build I've seen several of these.
    __

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    The other four had strongly preconceived notions about design that precluded, among other attributes, the acute angle I had placed on the perimeter. Likewise, they (and even my own builder) despised the spa's crescent-moon shape I had stolen from an ocean-side infinity edge spa I'd seen in a fancy magazine. Since the build I've seen several of these.
    How do you feel about those acute angles now that you've had it a couple of years? The reason I ask is that my pool has one such angle where the spa meets the pool. Floating debris tends to gravitate to that spot and is a real PITA to reach easily with my skimmer net. I usually just bend over(while cursing) and wave the debris away with my hand before scooping it out with the net. I have sworn that if I ever build a pool, there will be nothing but smooth curves...
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

8. Back To Top    #8

BTW, not disparaging your design in any way, it is beautiful!
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Beez
    How do you feel about those acute angles now that you've had it a couple of years? The reason I ask is that my pool has one such angle where the spa meets the pool. Floating debris tends to gravitate to that spot and is a real PITA to reach easily with my skimmer net. I usually just bend over(while cursing) and wave the debris away with my hand before scooping it out with the net. I have sworn that if I ever build a pool, there will be nothing but smooth curves...
    Yes, I know what you mean, but I absolutely insisted upon this design element--I wanted a pool with an entirely original shape and that's what I got. If I had it to do over again (bein' much smerter, now, I thenk ) I would place a (2nd) skimmer near there. The pool's unusual shape demands another one anyway. My other missed opportunity, which I complained about to the PB (but ultimately did nothing about), was to install another LED light (probably spa size) to illuminate this nook; it's entirely in shadow at night.
    __

10. Back To Top    #10

Beautiful pool

Did you also re-do your fence?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Beautiful pool

Did you also re-do your fence?
    Thank you. Yes, the fence was rebuilt. Was planning on replacing the 20 year old redwood fence with mortar/stucco but the cost ($100+ @ linear foot) would have slaughtered the budget, so went with redwood replacement at about 1/3 the cost. Never been particularly fond of the look, however. I may dress it up with bamboo panels at some point. Maybe after retirement... or possibly on my 121st birthday -- haven't decided yet.
    __